Chatroulette old version at sfgh yesterday afternoon Chatroulette old version at sfgh yesterday afternoon Register Login Contact Us

Good looking truck Bribie Island looking for fun

Good looking truck Bribie Island looking for fun

Online: Now


Because just as much as I enjoyed feet, I also enjoyed making her happy in a direct, tangible way with something so simple as a foot mboobsage. Waiting for whitelatin dude(s) to Woman seeking sex Kegley fuck me. Good looking truck Bribie Island looking for fun please mans i repsect your lifestyle but dont send me a message telling me how well you could suck me off etc. Any reall lady want' to fuck tonight. You walk your dogs at 6pm on Cherry Creek Dr w4m I see you walking your dogs on Cherry Creek Dr and University Blvd by the trail every day around 6pm.

Relationship Status:Not important
Seeking:I Look For Sex Dating
Relation Type:Muscular Female Adult Ladiess And Ready To Fuck

Good looking truck Bribie Island looking for fun

Ebony For Meet Women

I'm fairly new to town, and I Good looking truck Bribie Island looking for fun a girlfriend that is both and cool. A little about me, im 41mwm brn brn ddf and must be extremely discreet.

FIT, HEALTHY, FREE SPIRITED, ADVENTURER WANTED Very easy going and fun to be with I'm waiting for a woman who is happy with herself and knows what the important things in life are. I just want to meet someone I can be happy with and they are equally happy with me. And now you could be down on all fours, being hammered from behind as I alternate between spanking your boobs and pulling your hair, commanding you to tell me you're my little whore.

The trailer for your Tiny House forms the foundation of the home, much like a concrete slab is the foundation of a typical Australian home, so it is very important to give this part of the build the attention that it deserves.

In this article I want to cover the key considerations when designing your own trailer and some helpful guidelines to make the process of getting started on this exciting journey, a little easier. First of all lets look at the three different types of trailers that are suitable for building a Tiny House on and then we can work from there. The choice of which trailer to go with is purely a matter of personal opinion. No one is better than the others, they are just slightly different.

Here are a couple of my thoughts on each to help you make an informed decision. The three main types of trailers that are suitable for building a Tiny House on include: Flat Deck trailer are a great option if your main concern is keeping cost down whilst maximising floor area within your Tiny House. As you can see in the picture below, the deck is completely flat and sits above the wheels which means you have no wheels protruding through into your future living areas.

The only downside to this type of trailer is that you will lose a small amount of total available height for your completed house as the maximum height the trailer and its load can be, is 4. So, if your trailers deck is 20 centimetres higher because you opted for a flat deck trailer you will lose that 20cm 8 — 12 inches from your internal roof height if you are building your tiny house with a loft.

If you are building your Tiny House without a loft bedroom then this option could be perfect for you. The flat deck with wheel arches is very similar to the Flat Deck above but with the key difference of having a lower deck height due to the wheels protruding through the deck and into the house space. This type of trailer design also has it advantages and disadvantages. It is great if you are looking at incorporating a loft area into your Tiny House because by having a lower trailer deck height you will gain that extra 20 — 30cm in head room in the loft.

The biggest down side to this is the fact that you lose a little bit of floor area where the wheels arches protrude through the deck. For some people as in my case this is not a big deal as I have designed cupboards to go in these locations anyway so you will not see them. I will just lose a little bit of storage space inside the bottoms of my cupboards. I have decided that this is a small price to pay for added head room when I get out of bed in the middle of the night!

The third option would be to use a utility trailer. A utility trailer is essentially a trailer that may have been built to carry all sorts of machinery or equipment that you then adapt to suit a Tiny House. This is not the ideal scenario as these trailers typically have the wheels on the outside of the deck area. If you come across one of these trailers at a great price then it may be worth the sacrifice.

Once you have decided on the type of trailer you wish to build with the next step is deciding on size, weight and features you wish to incorporate into your Tiny House Trailer. Tiny Houses are typically anywhere from about 5 metres in length up to The only issue is the larger you go the harder it is to tow as it adds more weight!

Adding length to your Tiny House will also add significantly to the overall cost to so keep that in mind. My wife and I initially thought we would build a 6m x 2. Where Do I Start? We are projecting that it will weigh in at about 4 tonne when complete so to tow it legally we will have to hire a light truck as most large 4 wheel drives in Australia have 3. In which case I would definitely recommend going for a 6 metre long design and building as light weight as possible.

As for Tiny House trailer features we kept things as simple as possible to keep costs down and weight at a minimum. Some of the key features of our trailer include: Another area of consideration when designing your Tiny House trailer is where the house will mount to.

As you are building on a trailer and at some point the house will be towed and subject to the forces of wind and bumps whilst driving so the house needs to be securely fastened to the trailer. There are many ways in which this can be achieved. Here are a couple to think about: When designing our tiny house we considered these different areas of fixing and after much consideration and consultation with structural Engineers we decided to go with M16 studs that are welded to the frame of the trailer in 8 locations around the trailer.

In my opinion this gives you the strongest mounting to the trailer and is also relatively easy to work with as you only have to drill your wall frames and slide them into position. All of our custom tiny house trailers now come with this as standard!

There are two main options for finishes on your Tiny House trailer. For a list of benefits of hot dip galvanizing check out the Galvanizers Association of Australia. We are all familiar with paint and in the case of finishing a Tiny House trailer it would be sprayed from a paint gun onto the metal and left to dry.

One of the up sides to paint however is the ability to choose whatever colour you may like. In my experience Tiny House trailers can vary a lot in cost depending on where you live, the size of the trailer and the features you wish to incorporate into the trailer. Everything in Australia is a lot more expensive including Tiny House trailers. Materials cost manufacturers more, labour costs are higher and as a result we just have to pay more for the end product.

They are designed by our team of designers in conjunction with our structural engineer for a result which is by far the best quality product on the market. If you are in search of a trailer and want to avoid the headaches we went through and also receive a trailer specifically designed for a Tiny House then get in contact for a free quote.

Get your free Tiny House Trailer Quote here! Designing and deciding on the different aspects of your Tiny House trailer is an exciting part of the process. It is where it all begins and it enables you to imagine exactly what you would like your new home to look and feel like. With some careful planning and some help from the right people it is a much simpler process than what most people make it out to be.

Get started today by brainstorming and writing down what you want and be sure to get in contact with us if you need any help! To find out more about our custom tiny house trailers check out our Trailers page! What this article helpful? What has been your experience with tiny house trailers? Let us know in the comments section below! Just starting to really start the search and planning and this article was very helpful as a newbie with no idea of where or how to even start.

Also, the section relating to Australian costing is also a very on par, a point that I think needs to be mentioned in more Australian articles relating to tiny houses. Not as cheap as we may think here in Australia. Thanks so much Missy! Yes the cost of Tiny Houses in Australia of a high standard are definitely a lot more than there oversea counterparts. I know this is potentially a dumb question but can you travel in this style of home ie caravaning or are they designed more for stationary use?

Yes you can definitely travel in a Tiny House. In order to do so you would want to make it as lightweight as possible. So maybe a 6 metre long by 2. That way you can tow it using a regular four wheel drive no problem.

This has been done many times before especially in the US. You could travel with a larger one, say 7. Thanks for the question! This is really helpful information! Just one question, how high off the ground is the floor of the the flat deck trailers? If the ground of the flat deck trailer is 1m, then i would have 3. Hi Casey, good question. They average about mm from the ground to the deck where the floor of your tiny house will be.

It varies from trailer to trailer but that is the average. You are correct with the calculation. So you would have about mm left to spare. We always recommend building under the legal height limit by at least 50mm just to be safe. Having your tiny house on wheels is one of the first steps you can take to avoid a lot of unnecessary bureaucracy as building a tiny house on wheels avoids the need for planning approval, a building permit and any other paperwork for that matter.

The next step is to choose a council that is more open to the idea of tiny houses and sustainable living.

There are a few around Australia. The third and final piece of the puzzle is to park somewhere private. I really hope that in time we will begin to see some amazing changes in legislation from councils who are supporting the movement and are willing to say so by changing the local laws to allow them as a full time residence. In the meantime we simply need to follow our dreams, inspire others and continue to challenge the status quo of housing in Australia.

Hi Ang, great question! There are two options that different people take depending on their situation. If you want to be able to tow the tiny house yourself then yes the trailer will need to comply with all Australian Design Rules. All of our tiny house trailers that we sell are compliant with the law. They come with everything that a trailer must have such as lights, the correct brakes and are supplied with registration so they are ready to tow on the road.

Once you have built your tiny house you will then need to have it inspected and apply to have it registered as a caravan if you want to be able to tow the completed tiny house legally on the road. A lot of people decide to have their tiny houses towed by a towing company when they move as it means you do not have to worry about anything going wrong, the towing company has insurance which protects any unforeseen accidents and many of them also have permits to tow unregistered vehicles and over size loads which means you can do away with keeping your tiny house trailer registered and wasting money on rego.

I hope that helps. Hi Carmen, we came in at a little under 4. We also suggest to keep your height to about mm as a maximum to give yourself a little breathing room as the worst thing that could happen is to finish building your tiny house to find out that it is actually over mm. So allow yourself a little bit of breathing space! I had a bit of trouble finding dimensions of what is allowed on the road without having to get it professionally moved in Australia and this article helped a lot with that.

Hi Serina, That is very exciting that you want a career in Architecture and are looking into designing a tiny house to get the experience.

10 of the best food trucks in Brisbane

He visited Port Curtis at Gladstone as a possibility and thought it suitable but did not go so far as recommending it. He was advised by Admiral Sir Reginald Henderson that "Wide Bay Harbour, at the southern end of the Great Sandy Island [Fraser Island], is a very fine anchorage, and were it not for the [Wide Bay] bar outside, would possess may of the attributes of a base". Section 16, page Elliot Gorman and his wife Mary continued on at Inskip until about when he was transferred to Burnett Heads Lighthouse.

He died from a stroke on 27th December at the age of It is not certain when his mother Johanna died but some sources say she died on 7th May at Inskip Point. During Elliott Gorman's time, a telegraph line was connected to Inskip Point in It consisted of a line from Inskip Point 8 miles that met the line from Double Island Point lighthouse 12 miles at a junction at what is today known as Rainbow Beach just north of the Rainbow Shores estate.

The line then joins the Gympie line 4 miles south of Tiaro and runs there on old poles to Maryborough. It was finally finished on September 6th and said to be "a great convenience in reporting vessels crossing the Wide Bay Bar". M-F 9am-1pm, 2pm-5pm; Sat 9am It is understood that Thomas Gray became the keeper at Burnett Heads. MacDonald's family - Constance wife , son Charles 6 weeks and six other children ranging in age from 3 to 13 years arrived at Inskip soon after.

One of the MacDonald children - Alice - recently wrote of an experience at Inskip in - when she was 11 years old. She talked about Bob Gorman's lonely life as the lightkeeper at Hook Point: Mum was always worrying about him. The Government steamer would drop his stores off on the beach just above the high tide mark and never talk to him.

Mum would see him collecting his stores and say 'that man is sick'. On the 2nd October Bob Gorman became ill. Vic MacDonald rowed across to Hook Point with year-old son Edward accompanying and left him there to look after the lights, while he brought Bob back to Inskip. Vic called the Harbour Master and the steamer arrived take Bob to Maryborough. He was so sick he decided to resign. Two weeks later, on 16th October , while in the Maryborough Hospital, Bob died at the age of He was survived by twin brothers Francis and Edwin 52 and three sisters Margaret 66, Elizabeth 56, and Edith His parents died 25 years earlier.

His replacement at Hook Point was Joe Woodford. They eventually came back to Hook Point on Fraser Island in about to replace Joe Woodford who had been three for 3 years after the death of Robert T. Vic and Constance were at Inskip to welcome Oscar and Ada. Alice recalled the meeting quite clearly, even when I spoke to her, and her own daughter, in He was the lone passenger aboard the 59 ton ketch Lalla Rookh Capt.

Nordstrum when it struck cyclone Sigma. The ship was carrying a load of timber from Townsville for the Maryborough sawmill. Eclipse was also a victim of the cyclone. Some months later a piece of timber - 15" x 18' with a brass ring bolt - was discovered on No. All hands were lost E. The Maryborough Chronicle 23 Jan reported the incident and that "William Eli Walding, a well known Maryborough citizen was a passenger on board".

Lalla Rookh was named after the ship that brought the second commandant to Brisbane in It was sold in to Matthew Rooney Rooneys Ltd who had large timber interests. One of the Lightkeepers' Cottages on Bulwer Island. This was the standard design for lightkeepers' and pilots' housing. Oscar Robert Walding became a merchant seaman like his father and worked up-and-down the Queensland coast.

He met Ada Walding, who was doing domestic service at a hostel in Ann Street, Brisbane, and were married in The lead lights at Bulwer Island consisted of two lighthouses which guided vessels in through the centre of the bar and into Brisbane. The photo above shows one of the Lightkeepers' Cottages. In they headed off to Cairns where Oscar became a house painter but travelled up-and-down the coast for work. He was known as "Robert" in Cairns but not for long.

There they had three children: Oscar Jnr , Edward and Robert. Two of them died Oscar and Edward , so with his family, Oscar came back to Maryborough in - still working as a painter - and was given the job as Lightkeeper at Inskip Point in May at the age of He moved to Inskip with his family - wife Ada 44 , son Robert 15 and daughter Betty 6. The position was made permanent later that year. The following story yellow background was told to me by my late father Robert Walding, son of the Inskip Lightkeeper Oscar Walding:.

In those days mosquito control was unheard of. My parents decided to move south and we landed in Maryborough in where my father took up house painting. Prior to this he was a painter with the Public Works Department travelling all over Queensland, particularly in the Gulf Country. Both he and his father were Merchant Seamen on the Queensland Coast.

His father, William Eli Walding - a Maryborough local - went down on the sailing ship the Lalla Rooke somewhere off the Queensland Coast in Jan and his body was never found. I do not know what happened to our house and land there as we shifted to Inskip Point.

I feel that it may have been sold to cover unpaid debts. At 13 I worked for H. Rawlinson the local chemist and in addition, carried trays around the bungalow and Wintergarden Theatres selling sweets and ice-creams and eating many free.

This was during the Great Depression of the s and as my father was unemployed like many other tradesman. The 13 shillings and 4 pence I earned from the Chemist and the six shillings from the theatre was a big help in addition to the one guinea per week my father received.

Before getting these jobs I used to bring home soup from the soup kitchens two or three times a week, carrying it two and bit miles home, barefoot. Any strangers entering Maryborough were given a food ration coupon at the local Police Station and told to move on to some other town. They used to walk to Mungar junction and 'jump the rattler' to get a free train ride to God knows where. They were often caught and thrown off. Visit of Archbishop Timotheos of Greece to Inskip in Tin Can Bay - Lightkeeper's residence Inskip Point Lightkeeper's wife Mrs Ada walding is at the back door and Toby and Mike are fighting in the yard.

Getting to Fraser Island from Inskip is now quite simple. Vehicular barges run all day. Sandy tracks take you all over the island if you have a 4WD. Inskip Lightkeeper Oscar Walding - father of storyteller Robert Walding - standing atop one of the lead-lights. He is brandishing his single-barrelled shotgun which stayed in the family until Robert Walding, - Dufaycolor.

This was commanded by Captain J. Gray, the Harbour Master at Maryborough in whose department my father worked. As the crew were from all types of jobs, most had no knowledge of the bay. With my experience at Inskip and as a fisherman I had a good local knowledge of all the channels in the patrolled area. I was given responsibility of an advisory nature.

At that time, with the Japanese forces pushing towards Australia, it was all very necessary for early detection of a possible enemy infiltration. Brisbane Base Watercraft workshops - Aust. Corporal Robert Walding is third from the right. Robert Walding and his wife Heather arrived at Inskip for two weeks holiday on 29th April Life was surprisingly social at Inskip Point for the Walding family.

Visitors would arrive at the house just about every day; in fact they averaged 18 visitors a month for the 15 years they were there. The visitors were mostly fishermen, businessmen, family and tourists on short outings around Tin Can Bay and the Great Sandy Straits; however there were also the official visits from the Portmaster T. Roberts on his yearly visit and the Maryborough Harbourmaster J.

Gray on his regular inspections. There was also the more pleasurable visits by the QG motor launches to drop off supplies and to call in for other business; these included the Fisheries Inspectors J. Wilson or George W. Early in their stay there the Department decided to give the house a lick of paint and J.

PMG linesmen would be around often to attend to faults on the phone line. It didn't take much for the line between Inskip, Double Island Point and Tiaro to be damaged by falling branches. But it was quite a lonely life for the children.

Very rarely did younger people come to visit so there was little socialisation between the two Walding children and other families. The children had plenty of jobs helping out their parents and Betty was quite happy to help her mother with domestic chores and less happy to get on with schooling by correspondence. Robert had finished schooling at Granville State School at the age of 12 and now - by the age of 15 - was able to visit the lightkeepers at Double Island Point and Hook Point by himself, His socialising was mostly with adults around Tin Can Bay and he learnt skills off them.

In the first few months of every year the Queensland coastline is battered by wild weather in the form of cyclones of storms. Such weather can add to the danger of crossing the Wide Bay Bar. The photo on the left above shows the flagstaff. It was used to signal ships proceeding to southern ports as to the state of the sea on the Wide Bay Bar a shallow area. The flagstaff was also used to signal ships proceeding to Northern ports so as to enable owners to engage wharf labour for unloading at correct time when ship arrived at port as labour was expensive.

Kevin handed it back to Robert Walding in after spotting the words "Inskip Point " on a house at the waterfront in Wynnum, Brisbane. The Wind Generator at Inskip Point Pelican Bay in the background. The signals were previously lit by kerosene. The distribution board with sub-circuit, main fuses and main isolating switches were located in the house.

The generator was wound to cut in at low speeds but the wind speed was rarely as low as shown in the photo above where the blades appear stationary. The usual wind path was from the SE around to NW with a clear sweep over the water of about three miles totally unobstructed, consequently the speed of the blades in a strong SE wind which usually prevailed was such that even with automatic braking, they could barely be seen. The two blades swept out a 4' 6" diameter circle. There were just two 6V lead accumulator batteries and a cut-out located in an adjacent connected.

They were connected in series to provide 12V for the house. The Inskip Lightkeepers' Log Books recorded the state of the weather daily but all of those log books were lost in the floods of when the Port Office on the Brisbane River was inundated and a century of records went under.

One story of interest concerns the steamship Bopple that traded up and down the east coast of Australia for the first half of the s. It was originally destined for the coastal timber trade but its duties widened and became one of the best known freighters on the Queensland Coast.

The Bopple was a frequent visitor at Inskip Point as it's home port was Maryborough. Every two weeks or so it would cross the Wide Bay Bar and being a sturdy ocean-going ship it crossed the bar with relative ease. Vic mentioned the Bopple and how it would always cross the Bar regardless of the weather - 3 seas, 4 seas, 5 seas - it didn't matter. The Captain of the Bopple would take no notice of the signals indicating the state of the bar; he would lash himself on to the bridge and lock his men downstairs and take his ship over the bar.

Nicholson but by it was Captain Edward Henry Griffiths - an experienced seaman known Australia-wide. There was only one occasion that the bar defeated the Bopple. On the 26th May she departed Maryborough with a load of sawn timber expecting to be in Brisbane the next day, before heading off to Sydney.

A cyclonic depression had developed off Fraser Island and by the time she reached the bar it was at "5-seas" and closed. Normally that wouldn't have stopped the Bopple but outside of Fraser Island there were mountainous seas - some said 50 ft 15 m high - and a S.

For once, the Bopple desisted and anchored for the night in the deep water at Inskip, alongside other Howard Smith Ships: Moruya , Ready and Canonbar. The next morning Capt. Griffiths called in to the house at Inskip to see if all was okay. He headed off and was in Brisbane on the 28th. On his way back from Sydney, Captain Griffiths made his regular call in at Newcastle to bring back pig iron for Walkers shipbuilders at Maryborough. The Maheno was being towed to Japan by the Oonah but the towline broke in a cyclone on Monday 8th July The lightkeepers at Inskip Point, Sandy Cape and Double Island Point kept a watch throughout the day for any signs of the ships but their vigilance was unrewarded.

The Inskip lightkeeper Oscar Walding was quoted in the newspapers as saying "It will be a miracle if a ship without engines can live in a sea like this. There is a tremendous swell, and the wind is driving the sea up in a frightful way". He said that the visibility had been particularly bad throughout the day Tuesday and it had been impossible to see more than a couple of miles out to sea. Contact with Sand Cape lightkeeper was lost. During the day conditions improved an aeroplane spotted the ships.

A few weeks later Robert Walding found life jackets on the Inskip beach which were later identified as being from the Maheno. Early reports said that three lifeboats was ashore but this was a spelling error in the newspaper. A year-and-a-half later Joe Black from Gympie bought some lifeboats from the Maheno to use one for himself and to sell the rest. He came to Inskip Point on the 9th February to show off his newly-acquired boat.

The story he told was that a fortnight earlier - Monday 25 January - he fitted a petrol engine from from an old motor car to one of the lifeboats and with his 12 years old son he set off to the wreck on Fraser Island.

He pulled out another lifeboat from the wreck and began to tow it back to Tin Can Bay. In the heavy sea the engine stalled and while he was trying to throw an anchor out his son fell overboard between the two boats. Just as the two boats were about to smash together Joe hauled his son aboard just as the boats crashed, the gunwale of one being smashed. He went back the next day to get more. On the 25th March the senior crew of the SS Canonbar visited the lightkeeper for supplies.

The crew consisted of E. Hansen Master and H. G West 1st Mate - late of Gympie. On the 27th the crew of the Buranda landed and visited the lightkeeper for stores too. Collins 1st Mate , R. Gormley Fireman , H. Hannell 2nd Mate and A. Swan for supplies for both crews. Little did he know it but Robert would work with Harry Hammell aboard the coastal freighter Waiben John Burke in the s. This was the fifth grounding alone the Queensland coast in about six weeks.

Joe Black was often getting himself into trouble in the waters around Fraser Island. He was a regular visitor to Inskip Point - whether for fishing, or trying to sell a Maheno lifeboat, or telling stories of his last adventure. He did visit in late and told of his recent adventure. He left Tewantin - about 74 km 46 miles to the south of Inskip - at 3. Oscar Walding knew he was coming and kept an eye out for him crossing the bar. However, there was a strong south-westerly blowing and all efforts to reach Wide Bay bar were abortive so Joe decided to square away an run up the length of Fraser Island with a view to reaching Bundaberg via Sandy Cape.

Oscar saw him clear Hook Point at 7. A sudden change in the wind direction to the south-east was encountered two hours later and not expecting such a sudden change Joe was caught by the boom swinging suddenly and striking him over the eye. He was thrown into the water and only saved himself by being able to catch hold of the sail. The sail was so taut that he was able to pull himself back again into the boat without the main rope of the sail bending. At this stage Joe was still carrying full sail and passed his old nemesis the Maheno , less than five hours after leaving Hook Point, a distance of 60 miles away.

A pod of whales made their appearance next to him, some being right ahead and others on either side. Needless to say, not all was well with his boat. The rudder, was not functioning well and this made Joe's position all the more dangerous. Joe was thoroughly unprepared for this journey. He had no compass or charts and was relying on dead reckoning. All he had was his wristwatch that his mother gave him when he joined the Airforce in WW1. He had been informed that Breaksea Spit Lightship was 17 miles from Indian Head and so his next objective was to round this lightship and then return into Sandy Straits.

Joe allowed himself three hours to make the distance from Indian Head, but he did it in less time, and actually passed inside the lightship and across the treacherous spit, where he experienced mountainous seas - all without knowing. Seeing the Sandy Cape light, he realised he had crossed the spit and so headed off in a north-westerly direction, steering by the wind.

This was at 8 p. However, unknown to him the wind was continuously changing and, after steering by the wind for a night and a day Joe still found himself completely surrounded by water with no land in sight anywhere, having apparently continued to sail round and round in circles in Hervey Hay owing to the changing winds. As he crossed Breaksea Spit his water barrel was capsized so that was the end of his fresh water. Realising his plight, Joe Black decided to steer in an easterly direction with the hope of again sighting Fraser Island and working out exactly where he was.

He ultimately sighted the island and ran its length again on the inside until be reached Sandy Cape, with the idea of getting another bearing and continuing his journey to Bundaberg. Later, he regretted that he did this and had not asked for advice or assistance with food and water.

Joe then decided to set off in what he considered to be a north-westerly direction in the hope of sighting some landmark which would indicate to him where he was. Sailing all that night, he found himself in the morning still out of the sight of land und so decided to steer what he considered to be due west, thus realising he must strike Australia somewhere.

Continuing on this course, he was successful in picking up the Bustard Head light and crossing the bar at about 4 p. Joe didn't know it was the Bustard Head light until after he had grounded his boat, but at this stage he was dehydrated and was determined to get ashore by any means and secure a drink. He ran his boat ashore at Bustard Head and walked to the lighthouse to ask for help. Joe, who is a WW1 veteran, was well received by the lighthouse keepers who are returned soldiers.

Joe now tells everyone of the hospitality of Mr Casey, the head lightkeeper, and his wife, and also to Mr Cousins, the assistant keeper. They helped him repair the damaged rudder and with weather conditions apparently favourable Joe got everything ready to head off for Bundaberg on the night tide on Tuesday 9th.

He crossed the Bustard Head bar at 8. Joe tells that it was a glorious moonlight night without a ripple on the water and, with the engine functioning well, he anticipated leaching Bundaberg the following forenoon Wednesday 10th. His troubles, needless to say, were not over, for at 10 p. By midnight it was blowing strong.

Sea spray caused the engines to stop on three occasions. When it stopped the third time Joe could not get the engine started again and so hoisted the sail, and managed to hold his boat into the wind until 4 a. Realising he was making no headway he decided to turn and run back to Bustard Head. He deliberately gave the rocks off Bustard Head a wide berth and then found, after four hours tacking, that he could not make the calm water at Bustard Head and decided to run away and hope to find some inlet where he could take shelter.

He next saw one of the navigating buoys leading into the Gladstone Harbour and ultimately reached Gatcomb Head, not knowing what point it actually was. Joe anchored at Gatcomb Head on Wednesday night and learning from the pilot staff the direction of Gladstone, he proceeded to Gladstone, to the peaceful waters of Auckland Creek.

He eventually made it to Bundaberg. The outbreak of the war in Europe in September went largely unnoticed at Inskip. It wasn't until Japan entered the war in late that anything different started happening. It wasn't the bombing of Darwin on the 19th February that saw the army launch into action on the Queensland coast; things were starting to happen earlier in anticipation of further Japanese aggression.

Gray, Maryborough Harbour Master. Like many of the senior officers in the AIF, Paterson was a WW1 veteran having spent four years in the militia in Maryborough before joining the 47 Bn and heading overseas to Europe. He fought in France and suffered multiple gunshot wounds during an attack at the Somme in September , for which he received the Military Cross in March Now he was at Inskip as part of the plans by Northern Command to set up defensive position at Hervey Bay against possible seaborne and submarine attacks by the Japanese.

The 47 Bn Voluntary Defence Corps VDC soldiers had been training around Maryborough part-time for much of the previous year and now they were being prepared for action.

Most were Maryborough locals who had farming and work commitments and many in reserved occupations but, nevertheless, all leave was cancelled and they assembled in the Maryborough Showgrounds.

Troops began to arrive at Inskip soon after. Soldiers visited the Lightkeeper's house where they were given scones and cups of tea by the Lightkeeper's wife Ada; and the men recorded their appreciation in the Visitors Book.

Hundreds of men visited the Lightkeeper's house during the war and were always warmly welcomed. After this a variety of army, navy and airforce people came to the Point: Row - the Control Officer for No. Benedich of Bazaar St Maryborough. But not only that, there were others of importance: Even during this time things carried on at Inskip pretty much as normal.

Oscar and Ada's son Robert - my father - was to be married in Brisbane on 20th May but leave was not forthcoming for the lightkeeper. Four days later Robert and his wife Heather nee Zalet - my mother - arrived for a short honeymoon. Oscar and Ada Walding took 14 weeks leave to Brisbane on 1st October , to visit family and spend some time with the newlyweds.

They dropped in for one last time to see their good friends Oscar and Ada at Inskip Point. Tears were shed all round. The use of the Point for training really didn't begin until In April the army sent a convoy of trucks, men and gear and set up camp and train for a month.

The Lightkeeper's wife recorded on 15th May that year that: Charlie's wife Doris nee Hislop and their two daughters Joyce "Joy" aged 17 and Dorothy "Dot" aged 14, had elected to stay with their son Arthur 20 in Maryborough for the six-month duration. They had come from lightkeeping duties at Comboyuro Point on Moreton Island. Even though they had not met before there was a strong family connection. Comboyuro Point was where the Reilly family were sent in from Inskip Point.

As the children became too old to stay they shifted to Brisbane to live with their older sisters at Paddington or board privately. Ada Reilly was there for some time before she left for Brisbane. Her father Samuel Reilly died in and Charlie Waye and his family took over but employed Harold Reilly then 16 to assist.

Ada and Oscar Walding were now meeting Charlie Waye some 36 years later. Life at Comboyuro Point was certainly discussed. Norman said later that he was terrified being rowed across the passage to Hook Point in a 12 ft dinghy. The stores for Hook Point would be dropped off by the QG supply ship at Hook Point and they'd get them up to the house on a sand sled pulled by their horse.

The horse was also used by Norman to ride out to the back light to trim the wicks. He recalls carrying 2-gallon bottles kero in the saddlebags. Norm was still schoolage so he was forced to study by correspondence. Charlie or Norman would also row over to Inskip for a visit. Norman admitted later that he like to visit when the lightkeepers' year-old daughter Betty was home. Norm said "they had a lovely daughter; she was a real darling".

He was hit by a cab as he was leaving work and died in hospital that day in He arrived on 5th June and met with Oscar to discuss lightkeeping duties and to get rowed to Fraser Island. Although lightkeepers' wives and children received no pay for their services it was considered a part of the job to maintain the cottage and look after their family stationed there.

Their role is one of the great unsung contributions to the safety of mariners the world over. Merv was born in Maryborough on 31 December and was no doubt peeved that he had to celebrate his birthday on New Year's Eve. He was discharged in July Now he is at Inskip two years later to take up lightkeeping duties. Whenever he was granted leave a temporary keeper would be sent. One was year-old Thomas John Henson who was was sent there on 18 June for a 6-month stint while Oscar Walding took leave after 10 years service.

Tom Henson arrived with his wife Olive nee Herrenberg and their youngest daughter Carmel who was not yet school-age. Their other two daughters stayed with relatives as they were attending primary school: Tom's wife Olive had visited Inskip previously on 20 January and wrote in the visitor's book "spent a lot of time here in my early days".

My Grandad got along quite well with the local fisherman. They loved the time they spent there. Fay can remember her Dad Thomas talking about his role in reporting and recording the weather. The only momento she has is a timber box made to store pictures of cloud formations that he could identify for his reports. This little timber box has been passed on to Fay's grandson.

Mr Walding had been instructed to take either long service leave or the like, and that is why my Grandad took on the role. According to my Aunt Fay Berry, nee Henson , Mr Walding was happy that Thomas was only going to do a relieving stint and not be permanent as Mr Walding loved his role at Inskip Point and was very keen to return as soon as possible. The local newspaper - the Maryborough Chronicle - reported on 14 August The visitor's book records them as arriving on 10th August On Sunday morning 26th June - over just a few hours - a section of Inskip beach the size of two football fields disappeared into the sea without any warning.

Cars and people were lucky not to disappear with it. Onlookers who watched the natural phenomenon were amazed and had to keep moving back as more and more of the beach disappeared. Queensland Parks and Wildlife Ranger Ross Belcher, who patrols the area, said the erosion was a natural event and the sand would eventually reclaim the sea again.

It could take months but may even be back in weeks. My father Robert Walding often mentioned landslips at Inskip in his time there from to He said that every five years or so the sand banks at the end of Inskip Point - "an area of four acres or so" would slip away without warning leaving the light about ft from the shore - in water ft deep.

This is not a new phenomena; it has probably been happening for thousands of years and seems to happen every 5 to10 years or so. Such an event happened on Jan 22, The Brisbane Courier of 22 Jan reported that the sea broke and undermined the ground at Inskip Point and "swept away all the boats, boat-shed, tents and provisions at the station.

The men had a narrow escape with their lives". She said she never felt safe living at Inskip Point: Rockhampton Bulletin , 15 February His neice Karenn said "I remember Gordon building the first barge on their family farm in Amamoor [20km SW of Gympie] in the early 60s.

It was like building a space ship in those days! It was made of cement and everyone said he was mad and it would sink! And he made history. They ended up moving to Rainbow Beach and settled there and made their fortune taking all matter of vehicles and people over to Fraser Island.

Drop off point Inskip point. He really did put Fraser Island back on the map for people again". Photo taken in September and annotated by Robert Walding in Note that the area labelled "Landslip Area" was exactly where the landslip occurred. The vehicles in the position shown would have all gone under in a land-slip. The cause of the land-slip was the gradual build-up of fine sand carried by the tidal "swirl" around the point on every flood tide, assisted by the prevailing S.

This would, without warning, collapse into deep water off the point. Channel 9 News report. The following map shown here in two parts was drawn by my father Robert Walding in to show the relative locations of the buildings, the beach and the leads. The first map shows the location of Emily's Grave. Robert Walding had not seen the gravesite since he left Inskip to join the Army in He died in The heavy line on the left represents the bottom end of Fraser Island.

Robert Walding helped build this house in It was about 10 squares 90 sq m approx. The walls were of first-class 4" x 1" VJ walls and floors, galvanised iron roof and hardwood stumps "and built by real tradesmen". Looking west from the tip of Inskip Point to Pelican Bank.

Annotations by Robert Walding, In the background is an area of very soft mud and mangroves on the mainland. The beacon lights are clearly visible in the centre of the photo. When the seas were heavy due to S. Robert Walding saw soundings here of ft 40 m. Richard Walding, , perspective compressed from using mm telephoto lens. The house was a 3-bedroom high-set chamferboard building 44' x 29' in size. It had a dining room, lounge, kitchen with wood stove, bathroom and WC. Underneath, there was a small laundry.

Again, the roof was asbestos cement "Super 6" corrugated sheeting. The white posts at the lower left are part of the fence surrounding the signal flagstaff and flagshed. To the left of the lower part of the palm is the Lightkeeper's house and cypress pines. There was also a fig tree several yards to the south of the coconut palm and both trees were close to the kerosene shed for lights and domestic use.

Green Turtles that have been stranded and die on the beach are a not uncommon sight at Inskip see photo below. Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service Rangers see about turtle standings per week on average in the area. They have a Strandnet online database to record the details. Some turtles may go to Underwater World , Mooloolaba, for more specialised rehabilitation. Green Turtles are by far the most common. They strand at all sizes, alive and deceased. Many autopsies reveal plastic in the gut which causes blockages and slow starvation.

A lot of parasites and green moss on the shell is the quickest way to tell it's a "floater". We did a big beach cleanup recently at the Teewah corner of Double Island Point and got truckloads of flotsam, but it tends to return pretty quickly.

This Green Turtle Chelonia mydas was stranded and died on the back beach at Inskip in early August My thanks to Steve Wilson from the Queensland Museum for identification and comment. Steve said it was a sub-adult size and of undetermined sex: Immature individuals can only be sexed internally by examining the gonads. A 60cm carapace length is well below adult size. The adults commonly inhabit shallow lagoons, feeding mostly on various species of seagrasses.

Richard Walding 7 August The first entry was from Capt. Hi Carmen, we came in at a little under 4. We also suggest to keep your height to about mm as a maximum to give yourself a little breathing room as the worst thing that could happen is to finish building your tiny house to find out that it is actually over mm.

So allow yourself a little bit of breathing space! I had a bit of trouble finding dimensions of what is allowed on the road without having to get it professionally moved in Australia and this article helped a lot with that. Hi Serina, That is very exciting that you want a career in Architecture and are looking into designing a tiny house to get the experience.

What a great way to get the experience and have some fun in the process! That is great to hear that you found the article helpful. Thanks for the feedback!

Can you please tell me the maximum height, width and length that is legal for a tiny house on wheels in Australia. The maximum dimensions that are allowed on Australian roads are as follows: Hi Los, the trailer alone can range in price a lot depending on the size and the coating that is used. For a detailed and accurate quote please request a quote here.

As for the bathroom plumbing and the electrical you have many options and both are huge topics. Standard household plumbing is very common and composting toilets are generally used as they prevent the need to cut through the floor and connect to mains.

With electricity it is also very similar to a standard house but all switches and power points should be 2 pole for safety reasons. You have the option to take a feed from mains via an extension cord and a plug on the outside just like most caravans or you can also opt to be completely off the grid by having solar, wind or other means of power generation and then batteries to store the energy. If you have any more questions feel free to send us an email here.

Hi Shar, Thanks very much for the positive feedback! Our flat deck with wheel arch trailers come standard with a deck of mm. We have found this to be the perfect mix of low but not too low.

It gives you maximum building height without being so low that you end up with clearance issues when driving over bumps or up and down steep slopes. The length of trailers does not include the drawbar. The building area is 7. The width of our trailers is 2. This is for a very specific reason. The legal maximum width of a vehicle on Australian roads is 2. We have found that once you add your cladding to your framing the width of your tiny house will increase anywhere up to mm overall which will bring you in at just under the legal maximum of 2.

Hi, Your website is just amazing and you are so generous with your help. I am new to tiny house designing and am interested in getting a trailer that I can build on myself. As I want to tow it with a regular 4WD it sounds like 6ft would be advisable. In terms of windows, what are the requirements? Also what is the best framing and cladding to keep the weight down but be legal. Thanks for any advice you can offer, Kindly, Lizzy.

Thanks so much for your kind words! Yes I would not go any bigger than a 6 metre if you want to be able to easily tow it with a 4wd that has the capacity to tow 3,kg. Standard household windows are generally fine as Australian Standards stipulate that all windows need to meet minimum safety standards in regards to their strength.

As for framing there are so many options but if weight is your main concern then SIPS or metal framing could be a great option as both are strong and very light. For cladding you could look at using colorbond or cedar as both are quite lightweight. Even a combination of the two. If you need any more help with your design and in creating some beautiful plans our design team would love to help! Send us an email to help tinyrealestate.

If I wanted to go down the unlicensed route could I build to 3. Hi Gary, Yes that is definitely an option with your tiny house. We offer tiny house trailers that are up to 3 metres wide so if you would like a quote on one please send us an email to help tinyrealestate. To move it it is as simple as getting a permit for it which is straight forward and also quite cheap. Great site, great info and useful responses to all questions and comments, thank you.

I am considering a THOW and am having difficulty in finding out if they are permitted, legal for permanent sites in Queensland caravan parks. Can you or anyone head me in the right direction please. Hi Shelley, Thanks so much for your kind words. That is a great question! It does depend on the caravan park from my understanding. Some will allow them and others not. They are considered a caravan once completed and registered so any caravan park that accepts permanent stays for caravans should have no issue with your tiny house as it is essentially the same thing.

Just a little more luxurious!! Your best bet is to just call a range of potential caravan parks and ask them if they accept long term stays. A lot of people are still unfamiliar with tiny houses so using the word tiny house can sometimes intimidate people. Airbnb or Youcamp is a great way to contact these land owners who may be open to someone with a tiny house parking on their land!

Let me know how you go. I love hearing of peoples stories. Thanks Adam I am bursting at the seams excited as i went and visited a park today at Bribie Island and he said if it is on an axle yes i can put it on a permanent site in their caravan park. Plus i heard back from tinyhouse realestate and they said they are completing a TH for a guy in Brisbane who is putting it on a perm site in a park in Brisbane.

Now for the exciting part, get my THOW!!! That is very exciting and good to know that this is an option for some people. If you need any help getting your plans or trailer underway please send us an email to help tinyrealestate.

Enjoying this awesome thread. Have you heard of joining 2 trailers together so width goes to 4. As far as registration goes in my experience you do not even need to go down that path if it is staying on private property.

From what I have seen in this scenario it will be classified as an unregistered caravan which simply places it under your local councils laws which govern caravan use.

Most councils have a time limit that they can be used for as a full time dwelling which I am sure you are aware of. If you need any help with the design to join your two tiny houses together or in getting two tiny house trailers to get your project started send me an email and I can definitely help. It will be 4. The tandem axle design will give you more internal flexibility with your design as the wheel arches are mm shorter than the tri-axle design on our models. It also means two less tyres that you need to replace when it comes time for a tyre change.

On the other hand a tri-axle tiny house trailer has greater stability due to its ability to distribute the load more evenly to the ground but this is seldom a problem especially if using one of our trailers as we ensure that our axle placements are optimal for maximum stability when towing and also when parked. We do offer both 3. We can help you choose the right trailer weight rating if you need the help. Send me an email if you need any help: There is a house exsists on the property already.

Hi Vanessa, thanks for the comment. I would suggest calling the Wollongong City Council and ask to speak to the planning department. Ask them the following in hypothetical terms: Once you have done this, if you would like any help with plans or a tiny house trailer send our team an email and we would love to help you to get started. You can reach us at: Good luck with the call and be sure to come back here and let us know how you went. I am aware of the measurement specs. I know a towing contractor is able to tow up to 3.

Is the trailer allowed to be built to 3. Thanks and regards David. Hi Zoe, that is amazing that you are only 15 but already thinking about building a tiny house! Getting started is a lot cheaper than this though. You can get started with a set of plans for a few hundred dollars and then begin planning the build whilst you save or organise a loan to do the rest. You can find a range of plans to get started on our website here: If you would prefer to design something special from scratch our design team can also help you with this.

Send us an email at: My question is why are there no design options for a 5th wheeler in Australia? I understand that the 4.

The complexity in their design makes them around twice as expensive to manufacture and then you have to have a specific setup on the towing vehicle to tow it which also costs to have setup. Was previously "Juanita" owned by Ken and Lil at Warricknabeal in Vic, given a new balsa and foam sandwich cockpit around turn of century. Raced occassionally, cruised very often. Purchased by us around Touche has raced in the "Bay to Bay" since I purchased Jacqui May in Brisbane and shipped her back to Melbourne.

The boats original Melbourne owner purchased the hull and deck and fitted it out himself. MK 3 Use for racing and fairly extensive cruising Owned for 4 yrs after purchasing it from Len Pettigrew.

Now the third owner that I know of. Mk 2 with standard rig. Used to have yellow hull,now cream with white deck. Would love to know year of manufacture. We have now owned "Windchase" for 3 years and are extremely pleased with her. Comfort down below is superb.

Would like to know her history, launched in Brisbane as "bubbles" in Full teak fit out and 18hp Volvo saildrive. Still trying to work out how to fill front water tank without going through the front hatch. Any info would be appreciated. Thankyou to the keeper of the site. The boat is now in Townsville where it will be a family cruiser. Our sailing will probably be limited to the coast between Hinchinbrook Is and the Whitsundays. I would be pleased to know of any RLs kept in the area or passing through.

Fairwinds and happy sailing, Peter. Centre cockpit with wheel and aft cabin is great for storage and leaves cabin clear of gear for cruising.. If anyone knows where I can locate a trailer capable of towing the 34 it would be greatly appreciated. Major rebuild completed in Completely repainted and refitted with new sails and tidy up of internal of boat.

Trailer also rejuvinated ready for racing season. Bought as a basket case, turned me into one. No longer racing but doing extensive cruising with the family. Bought from Mandurah 2yrs ago. Seabird 1st had a 5hp mariner then an 8hp on a leg;In fairly good nic for yr,Seabird featured in realestate adverts. Bought from Cairns via Brisbane 18 months ago. Formerly known as "Dingo" guess y the name was changed? Sealeggs came with an Italian diesel which actually started upon arrival but soon died on maiden voyage,with mast down!

I swear my G. I,m not convinced the 14ft boom with roller reefing is the ideal set up as I have experienced her rounding up over 15 knots of wind;or perhaps I need sailing lessons!

Sealeggs is an older RL28 having the fixed cabin roof,and fixed winch handles. Athough the son of the previously deaceased owner towed it from Cairns to Brisbaine for sale,I have experienced much wheelbearing problems,just towing it from the ramp to the hardstand!

Sold in Nov to a couple in Rockingham who plan to spray it Maroon much missed. Yamaha 4 stroke,mounted on one person modified recovery trailer. Formerly "Skinny Minnie" of Brisbane Q. Returned to Buderim Q Sold and re-located Gold Coast The forward section of the cockpit has been filled in to take a curved mainsheat traveller and creating extra storage and seating.

Slyfox is a mark 1 which has been restored to her former glory in after being neglected for a number of years. Ours is a Mark 1 being refurbished to allow us to teach our two boys aged 7 and 2. Bought "Shally" off John Rossiter in Southport. We have a new main. MPS and 2 spinnakers. Colours next year ! We have cruised the Whitsundays last Xmas and the Hawksebury previous year. Please e mail me and we'll sort something out! Drop Keel Mk4 recently purchased from Joy Batchelor.

Kandyman was previously raced out of Hervey Bay by her late husband Robert. The boat is in immaculate condition, a real credit to Robert.

We are in process of fitting out for cruising weekends away with the family. Last owner was John Berry. Was purchased by Ron and Margaret Witz. Blue hull, Moroon cabin side. Cruised Gold coast to Cairns, a wonderful boat. Former QLD boat Mark 3 swing keel. Owned it now for about 30 years.

Cruised in areas from Whitsundays to Gippsland. Home port is Taree but mainly cruise on the Myall Lakes with no tide to worry about. One of only 3? Uses an electric winch to raise and lower the keel. Has a J24 rig which allows bigger headsails for light weather. Boat fitting out from bare hull - now in final stages of fitout, expect launch May I installed a 10 hp 4 stroke outboard but now considering a Volvo or Yanmar diesel. Rob thinks that for a bloke my age its probably not a bad idea!

I got the boat in kit form from Minnesota manufacturer in It came with hull and deck attached. We used the boat for weekend camping around Galveston Bay. Purchased Swan May 08 from John Cave. First foray into owning a boat. Liked the idea of a medium sized yacht with swing keel for exploring Moreton Bay. Needs a little update inside but all the go gear is in good nick.

Sold to Michael Cowan Oct Restored Mk purchased April Previously known as "Bernamarie". Sailing Gippsland Lakes Yacht Club. Will be renaming soon. Ill add aditional info soon and I'd welcome a information from anyone who knows more history of Adina. We have recently purchased a modified RL24 with a fixed weighted fin keel. The roof of the cabin has been raised for extra headroom. There is also a hatch above the "V" berth which lets the breeze in when anchored.

We are new to sailing and have found this boat to be a great weekender for a family of four. Original sails in good condition but hull, deck and interior required lots of TLC. Spent approx 2 months restoring it, off trailer on the ground. Many days, hours of paint stripping, sanding, repairing, painting and polishing. First time out on 26th April Continue to add and upgrade fittings, rigging, instruments and interior.

Goforit was unfortunatly Lost At Sea at hours on the 5th of March while competting in the Surf to City race. It was a fantastic ride hitting speeds over 20knts for a lot of the race untill the crash 10 minutes from the finish line. She was One Of the Greats and will be sadly missed by all who new and sailed on her. Fitting out to live aboard, learning to keep head down.

A manufactured, named "She's Apples. Originally named "Kina" i purchased her approximately twenty years ago. Still has the Dehavilland mast that came with her. She is still swing keel and up to three years ago quite competitive. Unfortunately sailing has taken a back seat recently but the intention is "get back into it" this coming season.

I belong to Corner Inlet Boat Club. After sanding her down prior to painting, I noticed the faint outline of a previous name, "Joi de Vivre" - I think it may have been the original name.

Based at Yaringa in Westernport. Mixed fleet racing out of Yaringa and cruising mainly in Westernport. Who purchased from original owner, Ken Hackett, July A pleasure to sail - looking foreward to doing some coastal cruising. I bought our RL24 back in in Minnetonka area of Minnesota in kit form. When we went to the Gold Coast we met Rob Legg and family and have remained friends since. We had many good years, and memories with this boat.

Several years ago we moved to Oregon, and because of my age am selling the boat which is in Madison Wisconsin with my son. Have just purchased "Impulse" and have many sailing plans between Perth and Darwin over the next few years.

This boat was manufactured in Minnesota, U. Original owner christened her "Boomarang" see above. It is now moored in the Neenah harbor. Boat has handled well on our large but shallow lake; it's nice not to worry too much about depth. We are interested in information other owners can provide regarding handling, where to purchase parts, problem areas, etc.

Mercury 6 serviced every year. This boat is set up for cruising in style and is a good performer with racing rig including the fully battened main. All halyard tails are run back to the cockpit and top quality cleats and stoplocks used throughout inc. Single axle break-back Trailer with light truck tyres inc.

Happy to take you on a test sail. Was formerly called "Drumbeat" and was green. Now undergoing second major fit out and is white and usually sails on Eppalock near Bendigo. We've rebuilt the trailer, stripped the boat bare, repainted it, refitted the interior and rerigged it.

Understand previously from Pt Vincent S. Would like to know more of history of boat. I note some plaques recording race wins inside cabin. Boat called 'the boys' but told formerly Coolabah.

Substantial restorations and due ceremony to restore original name. I have one of the boats manufactured in Minnesota, U.

It was manufactured in , I bought it in It's fairly heavily modified now: Yellow hull -- Bought form Matt Sainbury -- backstay removed and skiff sail used in races at Mannering Park--Lake Macquarie--sailed all the local haunts-- also race a tornado on Tuggerah Lake Kevlar-foam sandwich construction, large open cockpit, twin rudders, holnes-drop fin, hydraulics on all stays and fin, 9 North sails, peelgrained mast.

Excellent racing history, very fast boat, currently in Eden NSW. Keel has been changed and I would like to get it back to original design. Any help would be welcome. Boat moored on gippsland lakes. After eight years Slippery is home again - we really missed her, the prodical child returns!!!!!!! Formerly owned by Niel Ensor, first real single hull sailboat and very much a learning process. Last season at Augusta Yacht club and came home with trophy for most consistent performer, she's a beauty and looking forward to Road trailer - towed by Jeep Cherokee.

Kept Mooloolaba YC hardstand. Purchased the boat mid december In the short time we have had her has been excellent. Boat has hydraulic keel,electric anchor winch,fridge,solar panels ,auto-pilot ,everything we need. Not too sure about the name though!!!!

She has been in the family since She has a yellow hull. Purchased in September off Rod Windsor, her previous name was 'Sunbird', any previous info or past owner information would be much appreciated, sails beautifully and taking her up to Whitsundays this year and then onto the Harbour to see in!!!!!! Previous owner was the late Paul Poolman. Boat repainted in Otherwise in original state. Tony is a sailor with experience and I am just learning. Our RL28 was the best choice as she provides pleasure cruising, space, forgiveness for a beginner and a challenge for some one with experience.

Nom De Guerre when racing was naturally enough - Sailaway www. We have owned this RL 28 since Sailed extensively in the waters of the upper Spencer Gulf. Now based in Goolwa competing in club racing and cruising the Coorong and Lower Lakes.

Morning Mist is a Model RL Powered by a 8hp 4 stroke Evinrude. She is fitted with solar panel and GPS. Colour is original White hull and yellow deck. RL 24 Mk IV white with blue trim. Purchased from Queensland March Bought "JimRummy" in Townsville just before christmas. It was previously called "Kanatamata" and was still registered under that name, so I changed it back. Its getting a full face lift and should be ready for the Bay to Bay. I just bought this boat 2 months ago and will welcome any advice.

I bought it from a man that never sailed it, so it should be an adventure learning the rigging, etc. Finally fixed the gearbox problems by replacing the controls and cables. First owned by Brian Cartwright, the boat was moored at Goolwa.

SA and was used for cruising the lower murray and the lakes. Subsequently purchased by Adrian Cassar of Melbourne about I just found you guys on the wedb I have had this boat for 6 years and i need some guidance!!!! Hi, I am visiting Brisbane attending a conference and had hoped to see an RL24 along the shore.

Bought this RL in in Canberra. They are a great boat, very practical and lots of fun. Relocated to North Haven September for some deep water sailing. Handles Gulf crossings beautifully. Still in great condition - with extras including fridge, auto pilot, GPS plus plus, so would only sell for something bigger.

Purchased from Alan and Justine Kirby in Have sinced changed the colour scheme to white with aqua trim. Brilliant boat to sail in the Sandy Straits. Swing keel helps to eliminate the problem of those dreaded sand bars. Looking forward to summer this year.??? Is there a rl28 assosiation in south Qld please advise.

I have had several yachts over the years but this one responds and points the best of all. We race every Wed on the Noosa River. It's flat water but I am sure that she could perform in the ocean very well. Any info re history, etc gratefully received. Nine month major refit just completed. Cruising Wivenhoe Dam and Moreton Bay when able to break out of barracks. Looking forward to enjoying my retirement present. Having rebulit trailer,installed new electronics,added a new stern rail,updated all safetygear,enhanced standing rigging she is now ready to launch with the greatest of confidence I cannot wait.

My very first venture out to Jervis Bay was a great success, not only did the boat sail beyond expectations the wind was gentle and steady, anyone would think that I was expected. I then put her through her paces in a regatta held on Jervis Bay and her performance was exilerating. I am now adding a safety rail forward, for added protection of the crew when they are launching the Kite or working with the Jib. We will be out on the water over the winter period fine tuning our sailing skills, in readiness for the RL24 Nationals Titles being held on the Gippsland Lakes at Paynesville from the 2nd to the 7th of janruary All going well I will see you there.

I bought this in I havn't sailed it in the past 5 or 6 years. I need to perform some "surgery" on it. I am anxious to spend time getting her seaworthy. Jupiter was previously in charter at Port Stevens, Nelson Bay. Since July it has been moored at Paradise Point. Due to a shoulder injury any hope of sailing in the near future is curtailed! This is our first boat, so Sue and I are looking forward to having lots fun.

We brought Toucan from the late Rex Castle, he biult it him self. It was Christmas , and was in need of T. A great boat, very forgiving, we have put a bimini on, thats great to keep the sun off, and the rain, we sail her on the Gippsland lakes, we have enjoyed every sail in her, we went, to Reffuge Cove, thats at Wilsons Prom. We would recomend RL28 to anyone that wants a fun time. We just got a yamaha 9. Tremendous yacht, wish we had more time to cruise on it. We currently do day trips around the Gold Coast Broadwater and find it a pleasure to sail.

Our family of five have learnt our sailing skills on a very forgiving boat. We were the previous owner of a RL24, so the next logical step was to the RL Now moored Raby Bay Qld. Located on the hard at Horizon Shores Marina, 30 km south of Brisbane. Spend about 5 days per month on Cosmos. Would not be without her!! This boat was previously owned by Peter Zielinski in Nhulunbuy were i bought it and moved the boat to SA.

Have just purchased Petrel although have sailed on it before. Petrel was launched and will be used for cruising the Gippsland Lakes and just maybe a dash to Tassie some time.

Happy to exchange any useful information with interested parties. If anyone knows of past owners or general history please Email, We would love to hear about it. We bought it in May Previous owner Phil Gordon for 2 yrs. Currently on a hardstand at Wynumm Manly Yacht Club.

Powered by a Volvo Penta 9. Having lots of fun sailing in Moreton Bay. Mostly motored back from Airlie Beach to Brisbane because the winds were against us.

Sure glad we have a Volvo diesel. Just purchased from Damien in Perth. Will be getting the rig sorted for retirement journey. I have come back to the fold after a long absence. Update Well a new trailer has been built which is in it's final adjustments,I'm at present re-rigging the mast and boom,renewing some of the interior furniture and roofing,simplefying the rigging,mounting the new motor in outboard well 6hp 4 stroke Other than that I haven't done much.

Definite name change and possible repaint and she be jake. After about 10 years of kicking about in dinghys 's , we as a family decided to step up.

After two weeks of sniffing around we found the right boat for us and bought the boat from Ken Griffiths on 23 May , an RL24MK3 converted from swing to drop. Family and I can't wait to test it out and get to know her. At the inaugural launch, we will be renaming her from Splice to "Nelsons Victory". We couldn't change the name from 'Slice' as everyone we bump into seems to know of the boat and its history.

So Splice it remained. After a year and a half we are finally getting to know how it all works. Will attempt the Nationals for first time this year Jan - if I can motivate the crew. A family from SA bought her. This boat is for the cruising only stuff, we will keep Liaison RL24 for a while and race her only. I bought it in and have had it all these years.

The boat was originally named Phoenix and then subsequently Lisa Marie. She is presently un-named. She was sailed in Western Australia for a while before returning to Queensland. Used for racing in Gladstone. Looking forward to many days of pottering around with paint, timber and resin.

And even more days of lazy sailing. Actually i just bought the boat and i am getting ready to sail it soon. This web page has been a great help to me. Just bought the boat, she wasn't named and we haven't deceided yet. Bit of a basket case. I think it's one of the US made ones. I also need to find a foward hatch as it is missing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Finally she has gone in the water. Two years of labor fixing her up. We had to repair the swing keel trunk edges and strip her down to bare fiberglass. Repainted the whole boat, hull and topsides. Fixed the rudder, closed in the front hatch, recaulked the windows still leak a little stripped the interior of the bad carpet job.

So she is a whole new boat just about, on the outside anyway. She has spent time on Lake Champlain, Vermont. She handles very nicely, very stable boat. This summers projects include rewiring her lights and fixing up the interior. My retirement package is complete.

Some changes,a new trailer and name change and my rig will be ready. Hull number is about 38 picked up April 74, sail number was from a batch for Victoria. There is no outboard cutout or step. Have just fitted a 16' skiff mast and readying it for water after a 7 year break although it will be used mainly for cruising. Looking for swing keel mine is rusted so bad it split the hull. Yes the keel rusted though it is, is in the boat and down.

I have a RL24 in need of gelcoating after alot of sun and salt here in Florida. It's a swing keel with some play in it but no leak. I would really like a picture of a lift since I hate to crank. We are first time RLers in fact almost first time sailors. We purchased our RL24 from a local here in Townsville when it was named Accordance. This is a modified RL with fixed keel and a raised cabin. I am not sure of the Mark but suspect it could be III. We have only recently taken over the boat but have had the hull cleaned, anti-fouled and repainted.

And we re-christened her to more represent her new owners and hopefully new lease on life. We are anticipating some great sailing around these northern waters and a labour of love in restoration. We bought our Anitra in and have had nothing but wonderful holidays and experiences with her. We are now off to Perth with work so looking for a 'loving' owner. Peta bought the boat in late and after changing the keel winch to electric has raced with the Augusta Yacht Club with 3 other RL 24's plus mixed fleet,since then with experienced skipper Ray Wakelin.

Great boat, looks good, sails beautifully. Built in and originally owned by Craig and Pauline Rooney. Was named Tuju for a while untill my parents purchased the boat in about Now on 'permanent loan' to me and will be used by the Thorns on the Gippsland Lakes. Still in excellent condition with the original rig.

We have just purchased our first RL28 in Paynesville Victoria and had a wonderful time on the Gippsland Lakes learning about sailing. We have towed our vessel over 3,ooo klms almost home which is in Cooktown FNQ. Ken is sailing her from Cairns to Cooktown in a few days time. We would love to hear any info. We have lots to learn. Prior to that she was owned and raced successfully by Don Mallett since new.

She is currently stored on the hard stand at RQYS. Immediate plans are for day sailing and re-furbishment, with the possibility of racing at a later stage.

Have recently purchased her from South Australia. Can anyone advise where the HIN is located on vessel? Previous owners Stephen and Jennifer Punke. First RL24 was sail number 4. It was a Mark 1, have just sold it and bought this boat which is a Mark 3, sail number Built to Survey, still able to hold her own in general race conditions, testament to design that Survey did not require any structural adjustment.

Has been used as a Bareboat for Hire in Port Stephens for many years. Ideally suited to this area and spends most weeks, resting in the Myall Lakes system. The Layout of the RL28 has proven to be most favourable to families of up to 6. Goforit was unfortunately Lost At Sea at hours on the 5th of March while competing in the Surf to City race.

It was a fantastic ride hitting speeds over 20 knots for a lot of the race until the crash 10 minutes from the finish line. She was One Of the Greats and will be sadly missed by all who knew and sailed on her. New trailer made - works well. New flexible snapfurl fitted, ideal for safe derigging. Refinished hull back to glass then added a layer of glass in Vinyl ester resin topped with vinyl ester fill coat then final gel coat.

This should eliminate any osmosis. There were some small bubbles around the water line when the boat was purchased. I rebuilt around the keelbox eliminating a number of years of nudging reefs. I suspect this boat was made for charter but have no real history to work with, any help I would appreciate.

Sails well but seems to have a lot of weather helm in a blow. First out of the mold,though i think the RL34 that was made of wood would be still sailing. Alan's original RL24 Jabaru was used by Rob Legg to make new moulds when he began manufacturing on his own. Please update this information if needed. I purchased this boat January , with a view to cruise and race in Moreton Bay and inland waters. I just love the spacious interior and ability of this yacht to explore and manouvre in shallow waters.

Haven't had her long, she is a lovely boat after a good scrub, had her on a mooring for a couple of months while giving the trailer a big makeover. Boat is next, but lots of fun to sail. I've had this boat since it came off the line in Actually this is the second hull since the first one turned out poorly and I had to have it replaced.

This is the story of the light and signal station at Inskip Point - just next to Fraser Island, Queensland, Australia. The station began as the location for a beacon for the port of Maryborough in the s, to a pilot station in the late s and a light and signal station in the early s. RL Yacht Owner's Register If you own or know an RL24, RL28, RL34 or Status not shown here, please add it to the register Register a new boat here. Suzuki cars: Main Parts Ads page Bookmark this page! Ads are being placed every day, so remember to call in again to see the latest submissions!